Today is the last day of August. It sure flew by in a hurry. There is just a month left after today. Let's see if the Fan can end the month with a bang:
- The Braves over the Mets: The Braves will not lose at home. Minor has another good game and Niese gets the loss.
- The Yankees over the Athletics: A pick against the Yankees at home is fairly stupid. Not going to be stupid again. Hughes over Mazzaro.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The Jekyll and Hyde Marlins get a win from Jekyll and Hyde Sanchez. Zimmermann gets the loss.
- The Indians over the White Sox: Call the Fan crazy, but Masterson has always pitched well against the White Sox and beat them earlier in the year fairly easily. Jackson gets his first loss as a White Sox player.
- The Brewers over the Reds: Gallardo should be much better than Harang, who gets a rare start.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: Matusz has been brilliant of late and beat the Red Sox handily in his last start against them. Beckett gets the hard luck loss.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: This game is super tough to call. Wandy Rodriguez has been great lately. Carpenter is still Carpenter despite a rough outing or two. The Fan has to go with Carpenter.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Niemann was putrid last time out. Romero will shut down the Rays.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Pirates keep sending poor Karstens out there. Dempster gets the win.
- The Twins over the Tigers: Duensing versus Galarraga. The Twins should win at home.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: The Padres have lost FIVE in a row (listening) and send Correia out there to face Ian Kennedy. Sounds like six in a row.
- The Dodgers over the Phillies: The Dodgers are at home and Monasterios was good last time out and should equalize Kendrick at least.
- The Mariners over the Angels: King Felix has truly been royal lately. Haran has been knocked around since coming to the Angels...not that Seattle is going to knock anyone around, but all Hernandez needs is a couple of runs.
- The Giants over the Rockies: As usual, the Rockies can't score on the road and Bumgarner should hold them enough for the Giants to get to young Rogers whose ERA is just under six.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rangers over the Royals: The Rangers breathe a sigh of relief as Lee dominates the Royals who counter with O'Sullivan.
Games of the Day: 73-57