Friday should feature some interesting games and hopefully more correct picks:
- The Mets over the Cubs: R. A. Dickey has been one of the top five stories of the year. Wells was on last year. Going with this year's great story.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Morrow always pitches the Yankees tough. Nova is a wild card. He and Bautista already have history.
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Hamels wins easily as there is no way the Brewers should be starting Capuano.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Matt Garza has a good day and Millwood is Millwood.
- The Nationals over the Pirates: Going with Livan over Zach Duke, who was pretty darn good his last time out.
- The Red Sox over the White Sox: No matter where the Red Sox end up this season, their manager should win Manager of the Year. Buchholz over Danks.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Not thrilled picking the Braves when Kawakami is starting. But the Marlins counter with Miller. Not going there.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Holland starts for the Rangers. Which is an iffy proposition. But Blackburn is supposed to start for the Twins. But he pitched in relief last night. He won't still start, will he?
- The Reds over the Cardinals: A lot sure has changed since these two teams last met. Arroyo over Garcia.
- The Royals over the Tigers: No Cabrera for the Tigers? Greinke over Bonderman.
- The Astros over the Diamondbacks: Myers has been good and will out pitch an impressive, young Hudson.
- The Athletics over the Angels: The A's got spanked by the Yankees but Gonzalez should right the ship over Kazmir.
- The Indians over the Mariners: The Mariners will make Carmona look like a great pitcher. French goes for the Mariners.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Zito versus Billingsley. The Giants are 32-33 on the road. The Dodgers are very good at home.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Padres over the Rockies: The Padres' streak has to end some time, right? They are back home and a rookie is making his debut. But the Rockies hit poorly on the road.
Games of the Day: 78-59