Last night was one of the most uncomfortable sleeping nights of the year. Boy was it hot. So with all the rolling around and tossing and turning, there's been a lot of thought going into today's picks. Of course, that wasn't too difficult as there are only six games on tap:
- The Rockies over the Phillies: The Rockies are a different team at home in their launching pad. Blanton won't get much break on his breaking pitches. Chacin wins.
- The Yankees over the Athletics: The A's have lost the first three games of the series and now have to face Sabathia. Ouch.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: The Orioles will get to Dice-K and Bergesen is really pitching well.
- The Tigers over the Twins: The Fan simply likes Verlander's power over Baker's gopher balls.
- The Marners over the Indians: Fister over Tomlin in a battle of bad teams.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Braves over the Mets. Hudson is on a serious roll. Santana has been decent. But the Braves will win at home, especially with the Mets not hitting and playing more kids. Heyward is on fire.
Games of the Day: 74-58